10/27/2016

Sydney

Sydney makes me feel something but I don't know what yet. I've only been there five times (including this trip) but based on this I think it's a little more 'Australian' than Melbourne (whatever that means) and I'm almost certain that stems partly (mostly? entirely?) from the influence of TV shows like Lift Off (for some reason I was completely under the impression some part of the show was filmed in a housing commission tower - I don't know if this is a false memory, or if it's because all apartment buildings at that point in time reminded me of where my godmother lived, which was a Horace Petty walk-up - this is a long bracket sentence). I'll figure it out. What I do know with certainty is that I find the city totally repulsive in many ways but it's also legible and comfortable - some kind of uncanny valley thing, made of the same ingredients as all the spaces I'm familiar with, just in a different constitution. 

These photos are in no particular order and, as usual, I don't care enough to fix it

I have this same plant on my balcony and it died over winter






Dams from the plane look like someone lost a bunch of coins







No comments:

Post a Comment