3/05/2016

Monstera fruit and other things

I had a dream last night that I lived on the 5th floor of the MSD building and hated it so much that I had to get out and go on a holiday - for some unknown reason, to Tasmania. When I arrived there were pigs everywhere so I asked someone if it was because Tasmania doesn't have foxes and they said yes. Then I went into a patisserie and bought an unravelled croissant full of sultanas and candied zest but the shopkeeper never gave me my pastry

I think this was because I watched a minute long video last night of pigs playing on a beach. Cool that my brain chose to use that as a key element of my dream instead of anything to do with the 3 episodes of House of Cards I also watched right before bed

This would've been a post about River Valley Estate because I drove by yesterday with the intention of taking photos but they've now installed a number plate recognition camera and a small alarm near the quarry - which I set off by driving into the dead-end/unfinished bit of the road, so I left. Didn't seem to stop all the people there on mountain bikes though

Some photos from the last week





The fruit on the balcony monstera finally ripened (the one on the left was a week away from ripening and is now rotten)

Strange fruit - kind of like corn but also like pineapple and banana, but with the texture of custard apple. The black flakes are left over from when the fruit was a flower. My brother and I tried to eat the fruit before we realised you're meant to wash the black flakes off, they're very sharp and unpleasant

This was the cat I found a few weeks ago with a hurt leg, he was across the road and came running when I walked out onto the balcony




Walking home Friday night and met this little friend with stubby legs

No comments:

Post a Comment