6/06/2014

Ow

Turns out my shoulder pain is resultant of a poorly administered Maxolon injection during the Last Bad Migraine episode. The locum doctor who gave me the shot went too high in the muscle with too long a needle (i.e. using the right needle length for a 24 year old female, but not a 24 year old female with 11% upper arm body fat [my right arm is 14% which makes even less sense]) and went straight through the deltoid and into the bursa. Apparently 1 in 3 recover fine, another 1 in 3 need surgery, and the last third just live in pain forever which isn't very reassuring. My left hand is very weak and crummy and a huge liability at the moment. Typing this is hard because my fingers only hit 1 in every 5 keys (I'm not counting). Writing this took all evening which is kind of sad. I have to wait 2 weeks to get a blood test which will determine whether the muscle is wasting. Anyway I am still alive and here's a photo

2 comments:

  1. This is the most depressing thing I have ever read, and makes me feel better about my own situation. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry! I don't mean to be a downer (but putting things in perspective is OK I guess). I'll post something happier to even out the vibe of this blog

      Delete