2/06/2016

Do you need a pal for a minute or two

It's only February and I've already rescued three animals - the limping cat previously mentioned here, an adolescent myna bird that kept flying into a glass pane at 'Essendon Fields' (ugh what a dumb name) (also, which I didn't mention and also that's a huge ethical quandary because they're pests but I felt sorry for it OK), and now a pigeon. I found him or her hanging out next to the front door when we went to get a coffee today and it was still there when we got home so I picked it up and brought it inside for some water and breadcrumbs. Poor thing had a twisted neck and couldn't eat so I'm almost certain it is suffering from paramyxovirus. I took it to the Lort Smith just before where it will probably be put down. Sad. Pigeons are so nice and this one was especially friendly which made me miss the pigeons we used to keep in St Albans




Great pet names

No comments:

Post a Comment