12/20/2015

Kensington/Footscray

A few weeks ago I left my wallet at home (my proper wallet, not my Myki wallet - an important distinction) and caught the bus to uni only to realise halfway there that my Myki was in the negative after touching on, I had no money/cards, and that the two factors would make getting home really, really annoying... so I got off the bus and walked home and now have the following photos to show for it



Love this old glue factory. The site was abandoned following a fire in 2007. The building above was pretty intact for a long time, though, and was a very fun place to explore. On one visit we managed to get a door open that had previously been locked, and found a room full of pinball and arcade machines left behind by an auction company that had used the site for storage - another time, security blocked the front gates so we couldn't leave and had to instead jump the fence and run along the railway line to the other side of Kensington Rd.

I have more photos of this place somewhere so I might do another post if I can find them.

I think this was a racehorse stable but it is turning into apartments soon

Join us for the annual 2015 Duck Symposium

Fantastic bridge, look at that streetlight 

Good bluestone

I like these steps - this part of Footscray is great


Angliss Meatworks, or whatever remains of it, which is a silhouette not dissimilar to that Howard Arkley thing where the West Gate meets the Western Ring Rd (edit: I always thought it was Howard Arkley but turns out it most definitely isn't)

House with built-in seating

Couldn't walk past this substation and not take a photo - also, that lemon tree! 
That's it because I started to get bored of walking and had another 2 km to go, all of which is so familiar to me now it's boring and not worth documenting/I'm lazy


No comments:

Post a Comment