9/18/2016

Lyons St, Maidstone

For the past three years I've driven down Rosamond Road at least once every few days, and each time I've thought about pulling over to take photos but I've never actually done it - until today, obviously, otherwise I'd have no blog content. Two things interested me about the general vicinity of Lyons St: the abandoned school, and the back entrance/car parks for some large church/retirement home complex. I was underwhelmed but I also don't know why I had medium-to-high expectations to begin with. I should just assume everything is going to be terrible and boring and go from there

Anyway. I walked through to Ballarat Road and then back to my car via Havelock and Inkerman Streets and all the houses there are ugly and I saw a dead seagull. Then I went home. The end

Not actually in Maidstone but taken 10 minutes earlier when I had to go buy Bug her prescription dental food at Highpoint

OK now we're in Maidstone







Somehow I don't think anyone is going to check the mail any time soon yet these letters look recent enough that I can only assume the person delivering them has no idea what an abandoned school looks like

I want to know the story of the blue chairs and how they came to be placed outside

I was hoping to get a better view of this building because it has a cool balcony thing with a cage around it but the view from Lyons St was not great, and I didn't want to trespass 

Car park across the road

Back to the school - this gate was really low and there was a fence (gate?) nearby which wouldn't be a challenge to climb at all. It's like they're not even trying to keep people out! It's a good thing I'm scared of doing crimes

Aforementioned climbable fence-gate

Across the road again, a church hall

Nice colours


Around the corner on Ballarat Road. There are 3 shops here and I've never seen them open

No comments:

Post a Comment